8.15.2014

Mexican corn with cilantro, chipotle & Parmesan cheese #180


Mexican corn is quite a new discovery for me but I fell in love at first bite. I have never had it in Mexico but got to try some in California this summer and have been trying to reproduce the same experience here in Sweden since then. 

I can´t say I´ve come close enough to what I had in California but it still is a great tasting corn. Luckily we are in the middle of the season for fresh corn here so there are plenty to get in the stores for everyone to enjoy.

I parboil the corn and then brush it with a little bit of oil, grill it and then smear it with a combination of mayonnaise, sour cream and cilantro and then grate Parmesan cheese and sprinkle a little bit of salt and ground chipotle on top. Serve some lime wedges on the side. This is my version of Mexican so far, hope you´ll like it!

Mexican corn with cilantro, chipotle & Parmesan cheese

fresh corn
vegetable oil
mayonnaise
sour cream
fresh cilantro
lime
ground chipotle
salt
Parmesan cheese

Remove the outer leafs of the corn and then parboil for half a minute, brush with vegetable oil and a little bit of salt and then grill on high heat. Combine equal parts sour cream and mayonnaise and add chopped cilantro and a pinch of salt. 

Once the corn is grilled smear it with the cream and put on a plate and then grate Parmesan cheese on top. Chop some more cilantro and add with some ground chipotle on top. Serve warm with lime wedges on the side, good luck!






1 comment: